Warm Curried Paneer with Red Quinoa, Spinach and Pea Salad
Chef Top Tip
"Paneer cheese is a firm Indian curd cheese, it has a mild flavour and is often used with spices to boost its flavour. Here I spice it to serve as a warm Indian inspired salad."
- 300g paneer cheese, cubed
- 100g peas (fresh or frozen)
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 150g precooked red quinoa
- 4 tb olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp root ginger, minced
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Pinch of dried fenugreek leaves
- 60ml prepared coriander chutney
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan over a low heat, add the cumin seeds and when they begin to crackle add the ginger paste, turmeric, chilli powder and coriander. Cook for one minute or until ginger becomes lightly golden.
- Add the peas, the paneer and toss stir well to coat with the spices, cook for 8-10 minutes until peas are cooked.
- Add the garam masala, fenugreek leaves (crumbled between fingers) into the pan, the cooked red quinoa, the spinach leaves and toss to combine.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Divide between 4 plates, drizzle the coriander chutney over the top and serve immediately.
All products marked in bold are available to purchase through Vegetarian Express.