Sticky Chilli Tofu with Spring Greens & Rice Noodles
Chef Top Tip
"If you prefer, you can grill the tofu in this recipe - which adds a lovely BBQ tone to the flavour."
- 250g flat rice noodles
- 400g Oriental tofu, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5cm piece root ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 6 spring onions, shredded
- 350g spring greens, coarsely shredded
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp kecap manis (Indonesian thick soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Place the tofu in a bowl, add the sweet chilli sauce and half the garlic - marinade uncovered for 2 hours.
- Cook the rice noodles in a large pan of boiling water for about 2-3 minutes and then drain them. If not using them straight away, add little oil to stop them sticking together.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat.
- Remove the tofu from the marinade, add to the wok in batches and fry for about 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Remove the tofu from the wok and place to one side.
- Add the remaining garlic to the wok along with the ginger and stir fry for one minute.
- Add the onions, carrots, spring greens and continue stir frying until the vegetables become wilted.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar and the remaining marinade from the tofu.
- Return the noodles to the wok along with the sesame oil. Add the tofu and mix together - then serve immediately.
All products marked in bold are available to purchase through Vegetarian Express.