Smoky Soy Glazed Tofu & Corn Kebabs with Pecan Satay Sauce
Chef Top Tip
"In this recipe the tofu and vegetables are grilled in a smoky sweet & spicy glaze, which not only adds wonderful flavours but keeps the tofu beautifully moist too."
- 500g tofu
- 4 corn on the cob
- 4 medium red onions
For the marinade:
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp liquid pecan smoke
For the pecan satay sauce:
- 150ml coconut milk
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 50g pecan nuts
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Cut each corn into four sections, cut the onions into quarters and cut the tofu into 4cm cubes.
- Place the tofu and vegetables in a shallow dish. Mix all the ingredients together for the marinade and pour over. Leave to marinade for one hour.
- For the satay sauce, place the pecans in a food processor and blitz until coarsely ground.
- Add into a pan along with all the remaining satay ingredients and bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes, remove and cool.
- Put the tofu and vegetables alternatively on four pre-soaked bamboo skewers, place on a hot barbecue or char-grill, and cook for 8-10 minutes until cooked and golden.
- Serve with some fluffy steamed rice, topped with the pecan satay sauce and garnish with the coriander.
All products marked in bold are available to purchase through Vegetarian Express.