Provençal Style Barbecued Vegetables with Houmous, Soft Eggs & Smoky Aioli
Chef Top Tip
"Baby vegetables simply char-grilled make for a wonderful flavour experience, especially here when served with a lightly smoked aioli. Smoked garlic is best for this sauce, though normal garlic is fine too."
- 1.5kg mixed baby vegetables (e.g. courgettes, artichokes, asparagus, aubergines, baby cherry tomatoes, cooked French beans)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 150g prepared houmous
- 4 large free range eggs
For the aioli:
- 150ml mayonnaise
- 2 smoked garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp liquid hickory smoke
- Place the olive oil in a small pan with the thyme and heat gently for 2-3 minutes, set aside to infuse.
- Trim and prepare vegetables according to type, cutting any larger vegetables in half length-ways.
- Arrange the vegetables on a hot BBQ rack and brush with the thyme infused oil.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally until browned and tender.
- Cook the eggs in simmering boiling water for 5 minutes, then remove and cool slightly before peeling them carefully.
- Place all the ingredients for the aioli together in a bowl, mix well and season to taste.
- To serve, place some houmous on a serving plate, arrange the BBQ vegetables to one side. Then cut the eggs in half and spoon a good dollop of the smoky aioli, serve immediately.
All products marked in bold are available to purchase through Vegetarian Express.