Moroccan Avocado, Charred Leek & Tender Stem Broccoli Khorasan Salad with Mint Harissa
Chef Top Tip
"Khorasan wheat, more commonly known as ‘kamut’ is a wheat grain, high in minerals and proteins. It is slightly larger than other grains and it works beautifully in this lovely salad."
- 350g khorasan grain, soaked overnight
- 50ml olive oil
- 12 baby leeks, trimmed
- 400g tender stem broccoli florets
- 200g avocado, diced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g watercress
For the mint harissa:
- 4 green chillies, trimmed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 200ml sunflower oil
- 50g fresh mint leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Cook the pre-soaked khorasan in 600ml of boiling water, with a tight fitting lid for around 35 minutes or until tender. Drain it and leave to cool.
- Prepare the harissa dressing by blitzing all the ingredients together in a blender.
- Preheat a char-grill until very hot.
- Brush the leeks and tender stem broccolis with oil then grill for 5-8 minutes until lightly charred all over.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add the cooked buckwheat.
- Add the red onion, avocado, and watercress, followed by the prepared harissa dressing then lightly toss together.
- Season to taste and serve.
All products marked in bold are available to purchase through Vegetarian Express.