Fruity Freekeh Bircher Meusli
Chef Top Tip
"For those who enjoy a healthier style of breakfast here is my Swiss bircher muesli made with freekeh (green wheat), the ultra popular supergrain from the Middle East."
- 175g freekeh
- 600ml apple juice
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and grated
- 350ml yoghurt (or soy alternative)
- 100g mixed nuts (almonds, pistachios, cashews, hazelnuts), coarsely chopped
- 65ml honey
- 2tb lemon juice
- 150g mix poached apricots, pear and prunes
- Place the freekeh in a pan with the apple juice, add 100ml water and simmer until the wheat is just tender; about forty minutes, and all the liquid absorbed.
- Allow to cool, then add the remaining ingredients with half the honey and mix well.
- Serve topped with the poached fruits, drizzle with the remaining honey and serve.
All products marked in bold are available to purchase through Vegetarian Express.