Charred Palm Heart, Bean & Feta Salad with Brazil Nuts and Orange Cumin Vinaigrette
Chef Top Tip
"This is the ideal quick & simple Brazilian salad to enjoy any time, full of punchy flavours and contrasts."
- 400g green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 400g cans palm hearts, drained and cut into 1cm slices (lengthways)
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 50g Brazil nuts, coarsely chopped
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
For the dressing:
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100ml orange juice
- 75ml olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- Firstly make the dressing; place the garlic, chilli and cumin with a pinch of salt in a mortar and pestle, crushing into a paste.
- Heat the olive oil in small frying pan and when hot add the garlic paste, fry for 10 seconds before adding in the orange juice, vinegar and tomato ketchup; remove to a bowl and leave to cool.
- Cook the green beans in salted boiling water until just tender, then drain well.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot, brush with a little olive oil; then add the beans and palm hearts to the grill, charring them lightly all over.
- Transfer to a bowl while warm and pour over the prepared dressing.
- Mix in the red onions and feta, transfer to a serving dish; scatter over the crunchy brazil nuts and serve immediately.
All products marked in bold are available to purchase through Vegetarian Express.