Warm Organic Carrots with Puy Lentils and Summer Savoury
Honey Nut Ingredients
- 1tbs olive oil
- 20g pecan nuts
- 15g sunflower seeds
- 15g pumpkin seeds
Organic Carrot and Puy Lentils Ingredients
- 400g organic small carrots or Chantenay carrots will work well
- 100g cooked puy lentils
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1tbs chopped summer savoury
- 1tbs honey
- 1tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 5g fresh grated ginger
- Juice and zest of half a orange
- 1tbs soy sauce
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Nigella seeds or black onion or kalonji seeds
- 2tbs honey
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan, add the oil, pecan nuts and seeds.
- Toast the seeds and nuts until they start to take on a golden colour, reduce the heat and add the honey, stir continuously to prevent the nuts from burning.
- Once you are happy with the colour transfer the honey nuts to a lined baking tray to cool them rapidly, set aside.
- Wash the carrots, remove the green leaves but leave the long root, it looks pretty. Blanch the carrots in boiling salted water until tender, refresh in ice cold water.
- Wash the pepper, cut in half, remove the seeds and cut the pepper into long strips.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan add the oil, and on a moderate heat saute the sliced peppers, crushed garlic and blanched carrots for 3 to 4 minutes, season as required, add the drained cooked puy lentils and cook further for another 2 minutes.
- Add the honey, juice and zest of orange, soy sauce and ginger, cook for a few minutes until the liquid thickens and starts to coat the carrots, this should not take longer than 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked carrots to a serving dish, fold in the nigella seeds, toasted honey nuts and chopped summer savoury and serve.
All products marked in bold are available to purchase through Vegetarian Express.