Oriental Tofu Salad
Chef Top Tip
"Not only is this a cinch to prepare but it's also vegan and nut free!"
- 400g Oriental tofu, drained and cut in 1cm cubes
- 50g chicory leaves, separated and sliced lengthways
- ½ bunch radishes, sliced
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and cubed
- Handful of spinach
- 100g fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- Sunflower oil for frying
- ½ red chilli, sliced finely
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 10ml lime juice
- 20g Smooth Wowbutter
- Fry the tofu over a medium heat for about fifteen minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Toss together the salad vegetables in a large bowl.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients well in a separate bowl.
- To serve, dress the salad into individual serving bowls, toss the tofu cubes through the dressing then immediately onto the salad.
- Finally drizzle over remaining dressing and garnish with the sliced chillies.
All products marked in bold are available to purchase through Vegetarian Express.