Halloumi Tikka Kebabs
Serves: Makes 6 kebabs
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 3 tsp chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- 50ml water
- 3 x 250gm pack of halloumi ( each cut into six cubes)
- 150gm red onion
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp caster sugar
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Heat oil in a small saucepan and warm all the ground spices together ensuring they do not burn. Put spice mix in a bowl and stir in the garlic, mint, lime juice, yoghurt & water. Mix together well.
- Add the halloumi cubes to the marinade, coat well, cover, refrigerate and leave for 24hrs.
- Cut onions into eight chunks. Put onion pieces into boiling water for 5 mins until soft. Mix lemon juice, salt and sugar in a bowl then add the drained onion pieces to marinate for 15 mins. Using skewers, add a piece of halloumi, 3 pieces of onion followed by halloumi, 3 pieces of onion. Use 3 pieces of halloumi for each kebab, finished with a cherry tomato. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Cook on a griddle, non stick pan or bbq until browned on each side; then serve with your choice of sides.
Key Nutritional benefits:
- Provides 20% of the recommended protein intake per 100g
- An excellent source of vitamin B12, with 75% of the RNI
- A fantastic source of vitamin B2, providing 39% of the recommended intake
- A great source of calcium, with 24% of the RNI per 100g
- Government recommended macro nutrient energy split:
- Protein 13%, Carbs 57%, Fats 30%
- Product macro nutrient energy split:
- Protein 21%, Carbs 9%, Fats 70%
All products marked in bold are available to purchase through Vegetarian Express.